9 Home Remedies For De-Tanning This Summer
From using potato juice, egg white to oatmeal, this summer packs the tanning woes away with easy to do home remedies, says an expert.
* Tomato pulp: The pulp of tomatoes contains lycopene which actually acts as good sun protecting factor, one can apply this pulp on skin and leave for 20 minutes to let skin get rid of its tanned layer and then just rinse it off with normal water.
* Lemon juice has ascorbic acid and has de-tanning effect on the skin. One can use it with glycerin and apply on skin to get de-tanning.
* Potato juice also has de-tanning benefits on the skin, one can just use it with a drop of lemon and get good de-tan pack made of it.
* Egg white with honey pack: This recipe is excellent for de-tanning the skin and making it firm.
* Curd and Gram Flour: A very quick and easy recipe to cleanse the skin and remove dead layer and tanning as well. One can use fuller earth as well with some rose water.
* Cucumber Juice: If one has an oily skin, then one can apply cucumber juice mixed with curd or milk powder to dodge that tan.
* Aloe vera gel with lemon: Aloe vera gel is said to be best for the skin. If applied regularly it shows positive results in one or two weeks, especially for skin if it is damaged or tanned. It gives a protective layer to the skin.
* De-tan pack: Gram Flour, milk, lemon juice and pinch of turmeric. Apply this pack on affected area and leave for 15 minutes and rinse with fresh water.
* Oatmeal de-tan pack: Add lemon juice and lemon peel in oatmeal with rose water, it’s a very effective de-tanning pack.